Thursday, June 24, 2010

You know you're pregnant when...

Alright...I'm ALMOST done being pregnant, which is such a crazy thought, and honestly, it doesn't really seem "real"! But here is a little bit about my pregnancy...oh wait before I go on, this is definitely MY pregnancy. One thing I REALLY disliked while I was pregnant was being told how my pregnancy was going to go, or hearing the "just wait" line, or "you'll see" line. A lot of times those things didn't even happen, but all they did was possibly make me worry that that was how it was going to be, but guess what, I either beat the odds, or that person just wanted to make me think that I was going to have a pregnancy just like them or something...who knows!!! But here goes...I know that some of you will be able to relate, and hopefully get a little laugh out of it!

You know you're pregnant when...

  • You cry or tear up almost every time you here a song that reminds you about being a Mom, or when you think about holding your baby.
  • During the last trimester, your feet don't really fit into your shoes anymore and when you put on your cute white Pumas, your feet look like fat marshmallows...good thing it's Summer for me and I'm able to where flip flops pretty much everywhere I go.
  • Near the end, your hips really ache after a full night of lying on your side, which is pretty much the only way you can sleep!
  • You feel like you have a really good excuse to be bratty and irrational! lol
  • You get compliments on the little/big bump you've gained right in your tummy area.
  • You all of a sudden have a connection with tons of women because they've gone or are going through the same thing you are.
  • You HATE wearing a bra because you're carrying SO high that it's SO incredibly uncomfortable!
  • You can't eat some of your favorite things...such as sushi...which is my ALL time fav. meal, and sunny side up eggs, which is one of my favorite breakfast meal.
  • You are VERY irritable even when you don't mean to be!
  • You go to the grocery store and want everything you see...HINT eat before you go! (and even that doesn't completely help sometimes lol)
  • Whenever anyone talks about a certain food, or you see something good on tv, you automatically want it!
  • You have sciatica )=
  • Almost every store you walk in, you want to go look at the baby's stuff.
  • The bathroom is your best friend (Not for morning sickness, but for a full bladder)
  • You feel like you're constantly seeing the doctor, and taking tests, etc.
  • You wake up with excruciating leg cramps in the middle of the night that leave you extremely sore.
  • You can't help but just stare at or be in your babies nursery, and just imagine him there in his crib or playing with toys.
  • You're about one week away from your due date and you don't feel anything!!
  • You don't feel bad about always asking your husband to put lotion on your feet every night, help you put your shoes on, or pick things up off the ground so you don't have to bend over.
  • You sometimes eat just a little more food than you normally would and say that it's for the baby.
  • You don't really have any clothes to wear...
  • You're friends who already have kids, are always SO excited for you, and you just can't wait to see what the excitement is all about.
Well....I think my list is long enough...for those of you who aren't pregnant, my word of advice is that everyone is SO different! I've learned that I will never tell a pregnant friend what to definitely expect because it may not be true and it might just make them paranoid about what was to possibly come. I didn't have morning sickness, or heart burn, or swell up really bad, or wasn't able to breathe or eat that much because I didn't have any room, or have a horrible last month (these are things I was told to "just wait" for, among other things). It has all been how MY body has taken it, and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world because it's what I have to go through to get my little boy. Pregnancy is an all around crazy thing, messing with your emotions, and body and what not, but it's a BEAUTIFUL way of life.

A quick side note, my heart goes out to all those who are not able to experience this beautiful thing, but I hope and pray that they will at least be able to experience motherhood in one way or another.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so funny and TRUE! Most of the things on your list were not on my list, I guess because I experienced everything physical and not emotional and you have seemed to do the opposite (except for that crapy sciatica). So excited! (and hey I thought I was your best friend, I guess I've been replaced with a bathroom...not sure how I feel about that).

Melissa said...

out of the 21 things you posted I experienced 11 of those things (technically 10 because I never feel bad about asking Adam to wait on me and take care of me lol) but I would have added morning sickness, stress, contractions for two months, madly cleaning, and poking my tummy to get Hannah to move all the time. oh and to poke her bum lol.