Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Last Day of Work

Many people would give anything to have their "Last day of work", or have a different job, or just have a job that they like...but I've had the honor and pleasure of working for the Town of Apple Valley for the past 4 years and I've absolutely loved it. I love working with the community, seeing the town grow, being able to learn different skills, and so much more. Although I won't be giving up work completely, it's a strange feeling to know that this part of my life is coming to an end...I'm moving on to motherhood!

Part of the reason I've loved my job so much is because I've made a special friend along the way. Who ever thought that you could become best friends with your boss, but I did. Everyday we would work in close quarters, and it didn't take long for us to become close friends. I've learned so much from her, and she's really helped me to grow. I'm grateful for her and know that we will be life long friends.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Now the real work begins :) The work of keeping yourself and Hunter engaged and occupied in worth while activities that will enrich and teach both of you. You've found your fulfillment as you've worked your way up working for the town and now you'll learn new skills and bring the old ones in to help you as you become a mother. Good luck!

Mas*tailor* made in Heaven said...

Thanks Melissa! It will be quite the change, and I think it's just the idea of adjusting that brings on all these different feelings, but you just move along and adjust right?! On to new adventures! (=